P2000 Insulation Products
The key to the P2000 Insulation System’s effectiveness is not its individual components, but how these pieces function together as an engineered system.
P2000 Insulation Systems™ is a high performance insulation system that addresses all three types of heat transfer: conduction, convection and radiation. It is a specially formulated expanded polystyrene (EPS) core with metalized plastic facers.
The P2000 Insulation System functions as an all-weather guard in one product:
• Stops cold, wind, heat and moisture
• Creates a true thermal break
• Eliminates condensation
• Light weight
• Easy to install
• Environmentally friendly
• Very Economical
The P2000 Insulation System™ offers several advantages:
• A “Green Product”
• Save on heating and cooling costs
• Quicker and easier to install
• Thin and flexible sheets makes it very versatile
• Virtually waterproof
• Insulating value not reduced by sagging, settling, compression or moisture
• No more itching or scratching, during and after installation
P2000 Insulation delivers energy savings and interior comfort in extreme weather conditions. The laminated board with double sealed joints blocks drafts. The dense foam core reduces conductive heat transfer, while the metalized plastic facers minimize air and moisture infiltration and are effective radiant blockers.
P2000 Insulation is lightweight, easy to handle, and simple to install. It will never sag or settle and resists moisture absorption – making it an effective insulator even when wet.
P2000 Insulation makes for healthier homes. It does not support mold growth; it does not “off-gas” harmful chemicals; it does not release harmful airborne particles and contains no CFCs or HCFCs.
How P2000 Works
Why is P2000 so effective? Conventional thinking leads most consumers to believe that a well insulated wall has to be a thick wall. With the P2000 Insulation System, that is no longer the case.
Instead of relying on thick layers of insulation to absorb heat and slow down thermal transfer, the P2000 Insulation System is engineered to address the major issues that plague most conventional insulations:
• P2000 End View Conductive Heat Losses are addressed by an EPS core that exhibits an R-value of 3.8 to 4.1 at one inch of thickness. This material is similar to the foam cup we have trusted for years, that protects the hand from both hot and cold temperatures.
• Radiative Heat Losses are addressed using highly reflective, proprietary metalized facers. These facers reflect 90+% of the thermal radiation that comes in contact with them.
• Air / Moisture, Infiltration & Convective Heat Losses: proprietary facers also serve as air, vapor, and moisture barriers. A unique double flap sealing system aids in the formation of a continuous barrier to moisture and air infiltration. Should P2000 become wet, the overall insulating performance of the system has been shown to be unaffected.
• Thermal Bridging through structural framing members is minimized since the P2000 Insulation System is designed to cover these areas completely.
• Installation Deficiencies are not as pronounced since the P2000 Insulation System wraps the building envelope, completely covering structural framing members. As a result, the performance of the P2000 Insulation System is less dependent on stud configuration following nominal patterns. Installation practices such as wiring, piping, etc have little or no effect on insulating performance since, in most cases, they do not penetrate the material.
• Long Term Stability of the EPS core has been proven both mechanically and thermally.
Understanding Building Envelopes
How does P2000 enhance the standard building envelope?
In today’s marketplace, insulation is sold based on center of cavity thermal resistance, or R-value. However, R-value is only one piece of the thermal equation.
A list of common issues that plague conventional insulations when installed in a building envelope include:
• Conductive heat loss
• Air leakage and convective heat loss (can be 35% of heat loss/gain in a building envelope)
• Moisture infiltration (water is highly conductive)
• Radiative heat loss (can be 55% of heat transfer in ordinary air spaces)
• Installation deficiencies
• Thermal bridging (average of 25% of a residential building’s surface area is framing)
• Long term stability
Most of the thermal performance testing completed on conventional insulations focus on their resistance to conductive heat transfer as measured by R-value in the ASTM C518 test. This standard laboratory test measures thermal resistance under a specific set of conditions. In reality, R-value of a particular material is dependent on a number of environmental and installation parameters, external to the material itself.
P2000 enhances the building envelope.
Being a system based insulating product, P2000 is engineered to work with the other building assembly components to minimize heat loss by the mechanisms previously outlined. When reflective materials are incorporated in the building envelope, the combination of orientation as well as air spaces can elevate the performance of a wall, ceiling or floor assembly well beyond the recognized R-values of the building materials alone.
How does 1” of P2000 thermally outperform 6” of fiberglass?
P2000 enhances the building envelope.
P2000 does not have any of the weaknesses that cause fiberglass to fail.
Satisfied clients – our greatest complement!
|P2000 makes for healthier homes and buildings. It does not support mold growth; does not “off-gas” harmful chemicals; does not release harmful airborne particles and P2000 provides versatility for new construction and retro-fits, wood frame, steel, concrete structures and all agriculture buildings.||Walls
Wood frame, steel frame, concrete block, poured concrete, concrete tilt-up panels
Flat or vaulted ceilings, can be applied under trusses or rafters
Installs over purlins, over roof decks, and under steel roofing
Under concrete, under radiant heat floors, over concrete slabs
For pipes, utility lines, water & sewer lines, and foundations
|Agriculture and Commercial/Industrial
HVAC-ductwork, truck bodies, refrigerated storage, radon barrier, vapor barrier
HVAC-ductwork, truck bodies, refrigerated storage, rado barrier, vapor barrier
P2000 is a high performance insulation system designed to address all three types of heat transfer: conduction, convection and radiation.
The P2000 Insulation System™ combines thermal reflective technology with the high insulating properties of a specially formulated EPS foam core. This complete building system delivers remarkable energy savings and interior comfort in extreme temperature conditions.